Suzuki studies new models for Hungary VIENNA — Suzuki Motor Corp. will decide on the successor to the Hungarian-made Suzuki Swift in May. Two possibilities include a thoroughly modernized Swift and the new Suzuki Ignis, sources say. Magyar Suzuki Rt. currently builds the Suzuki Swift, the Swift-based 4-wheel-drive model Subaru Justy, as well as the Suzuki Wagon Rt. The plant produced 77,253 cars last year, up 13.43% from 1999. Future plans call for production of up to 100,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.