SAN DIEGO – The new Saab 9-2X sports car only will be available in North America because it lacks the diesel powertrain it needs for the model to sell in Europe, says Saab Automobile President and CEO Peter Augustsson. Saab 9-2X In Europe, 80% of Saab's sales are powered by diesels, he says at a press preview here for the 9-2X that goes on sale next month. To that end, the next-generation of the vehicle will have a diesel and even right-hand drive for markets requiring that system. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.