As the debate regarding a planned European Union cap on carbon-dioxide emissions continues, European auto makers are speeding up efforts to bring to market vehicles that emit less CO2. Germany’s Adam Opel GmbH recently unveiled the diesel-powered Corsa and Astra ecoFLEX models, which boast CO2 emissions of 109 g/km and 119 g/km, respectively. They are slated to be on the market by the end of the year. Ford recently debuted the ECOnetic Fiesta which it says emits less than 120 g/km of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.