The European Investment Bank plans to lend Sweden’s Volvo Cars up to €219 million ($268 million) The money will fund a range of research and development and innovation projects, notably the creation of new materials, vehicle safety and environmental standards. The loan would “allow the company to continuously enhance productivity, product quality and product range, boosting its international competitiveness,” an EIB memorandum says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.