PARIS – Big declines in March light-vehicle sales in Spain and Italy more than offset small gains in France and Germany, driving overall deliveries in 25 European Union markets down 5.0%. The result caused first-quarter results to dip 2.3% to a total 3,583,185 units. Nine countries saw sales declines in March, led by Greece’s 55% plunge. Portugal, like Greece, is experiencing economic difficulty and deliveries there tumbled, as well. However, Ireland, which also is suffering challenging ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.