DETROIT – General Motors Co. has succeeded in squeezing hundreds of dollars out of the cost of the lithium-ion battery pack for its upcoming Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle, a top engineer says. Speaking at a conference on “The Business of Plugging In” hosted by the Ann Arbor, MI-based Center for Automotive Research, Jonathan J. Lauckner, vice president-global program management, gives what may be the first hint at the cost of the Volt’s battery, which has been the subject ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.