Michael J. Seergy says his company is ready for a “smashed-mouth marketing” attack on the competition. The vice president and general manager of the Nissan Div. of Nissan Motor Corp. U.S.A. says the automaker has come a long way in the past year after paying the price for previous bad strategies. One dramatic change is that leasing has dropped from more than 30% to 17% penetration — meaning the used car baggage and its huge carrying costs have slipped from 30,000-40,000 units to about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.