DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. has more than 30,000 orders for its redesigned ’03 Expedition, scheduled to reach U.S. showrooms before June 21. Such response lends credence to the claim that the SUV’s launch is critical to the auto maker’s turnaround. The rollout “will demonstrate where we are with quality,” says Rich Stoddart, marketing communications manager-Ford Div. “We’re taking that seriously.” In a bid to ensure a problem-free launch, unlike that of the Escape and the redesigned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.