DETROIT -- Passenger car and truck exports from plants in the U.S. and Canada continue to slide from year-ago levels. Overall shipments totaled 306,238 through August, a drop of 11.5% from the 346,088 of like-2000. They are losing ground: through May shipments were down only 8.9% compared to the previous year. See related data Passenger car exports, at 145,975 through August, represent a 12.1% drop from like-2000’s 166,043, again substantially worse than the 8.1% slowdown being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.