The pace of new car and truck exports from U.S. and Canadian plants picked up a bit in March, a survey by Ward's reveals. First-quarter shipments totaled 124,177 vehicles, down 8.1% from like-2000's 135,108. But exports had been pacing 16.7% behind year-ago through February. Shipments to “Other America” — Mexico, Greenland, Central and South America — are outrunning like-2000, up 5.5%. Exports to Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia/Oceania remain down, however. Car shipments trail ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.