The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says the new ’04 Ford F-150 pickup truck and new ’04 Freestar minivan earned “best pick” designations in its 40-mph (64 km/h) frontal offset crash tests. The new F-150 chalked up a “good” rating in the latest tests vs. the “poor” rating the previous F-150 received from the IIHS in the same test. The Freestar’s predecessor, the Windstar, earned an “acceptable” rating in a previous frontal crash test. “The F-150 went from the worst-performing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.