NEW YORK – Scion Vice President Jim Farley says there are no plans currently to produce the brand’s youth-centric models at Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plants in North America. “Our philosophy as a company is always to produce where you sell. It’s a philosophy. But I think it’s a little too early to decide that one way or the other,” says Farley, speaking to the media here at the New York auto show. Scion tC Farley says because the Scion brand, with three Japanese-built models in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.