DETROIT – Tantamount to the “man bites dog” category of news making, French supplier Faurecia SA will create 2,000 new jobs this year in the U.S. when it opens six new manufacturing plants, most of them supported with United Auto Workers union labor. While many major parts makers struggle with bankruptcy, plant closings, layoffs and Wall Street instability, Faurecia is bucking the trend in grand fashion. Five of the six plants are in Michigan and Ohio, at a time when most new component ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.