DEARBORN, MI – Faurecia SA took a big chance when it announced plans in 2006 to open six new plants in the U.S. – one of them for exhaust systems and the other five in the financially challenged interiors sector. Within a year, all six plants were up and running in Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina, supporting a mix of Detroit auto makers and European transplants. Since then, Faurecia has added three more North American plants in Lansing, MI (interior systems); Silao, Mexico (exhaust ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.