CHANGCHUN — FAW-Volkswagen Co. Ltd. reports a profit of RMB20 million (US$2.4 million) for 1998. The venture says it attained its production target of 60,118 Jetta cars and 6,000 Audi cars in 1998. The totals represent a 37% and 137% respective rise over the previous year. FAW-VW sold 60,328 Jettas and 5,709 Audis in 1998, rising 43% and 162%, respectively, over 1997, and improving the automaker's market share by 12% year-on-year. The venture also produced 32,000 cylinder shells for its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.