CHANGCHUN — First Auto Works-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. is offering the first mid-level priced family passenger car in China with an automatic transmission. Company officials expect the car to create a lot of interest. Called the Jetta City Pioneer, the car uses an automatic transmission developed by VW and will be competitively priced about RMB186,000 (US$22,464). The automaker expects to sell about 20,000 of the models. Chinese consumers are now looking for cars that are more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.