Trying desperately to ease consumer hysteria, cooperate with federal investigators and maintain momentum in high-profit sport/utility vehicle sales, Ford Motor Co. launches a full-scale public relations campaign related to the massive Firestone tire recall. The week began with Ford Chief Executive Jacques Nasser airing a plea for calm during ABC's Monday Night Football, followed later by a Ford press conference updating progress in the recall. Finally, congressional investigators arrived ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.