TURIN — In a shocking move, Ferrari SPA is planning a Spider version of the 550 Maranello. The new model, due to be launched at the Paris auto show in late September, was never in Maranello's product plan for the V-12 front-engine GT car, but failing demand and in-house competition from the brilliant 360 Modena has forced Ferrari's hand. Ferrari could sell the 550 Spider as a limited edition model, restricted to just a few hundred cars, and is currently researching potential buyers to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.