AUBURN HILLS, MI – It was earlier this month at the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress in Detroit when Franz Pischinger, president and CEO of engine developer FEV Motorentechnik GmbH, stressed the importance of downsizing automotive engines to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. This week, FEV is doing more than just talking about smaller engines. The engineering supplier is demonstrating a prototype engine with a continuously variable compression ratio (VCR). The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.