Ford Motor Co. and Fiat SpA are not exactly strangers. When they aren't duking it out in the automotive bidding ring, they're filling up one another's dance card. For example: The two companies' U.K. truckmaking and distribution subsidiaries are merged in a joint venture called Iveco Ford Truck Ltd. Each company owns 23.6% of Van Doorne's Transmissie BV, a Dutch developer and maker of continuously variable transmissions. Ford supplies Fiat with CVTs from its Bordeaux, France, plant. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.