Fiat Auto SpA and General Motors of Europe say they will cooperate on the development of parts for future small cars. A joint design and planning center will be established to serve engineering operations of both Fiat and GM. The two already have a design center at a Saab Automobile plant in Sweden to develop components and joint systems for future high-end vehicles. GM took a 20% stake in Fiat in a March 2000 strategic alliance agreement. Fiat received 5.7% of GM shares and has a put ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.