Fiat Automobiles SpA is late to China’s sales party, but CEO Sergio Marchionne promises the Italian auto maker will be the life of the party. Fiat’s partnership with Guangzhou Automobile Group Corp. (GAC) addresses a “weak point” in its global strategy, Marchionne says today in a conference call with industry analysts. “We’ve had a number of unfortunate wrong starts in China up to now,” he says, referring to failed tie-ups with the former Nanjing Automobile Group in 2007 and Chery ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.