MUMBAI – Fiat India Ltd. has labored for 10 months to repair the dented image of its Premier Automobiles Ltd. joint venture, but financial difficulties, management problems and adverse publicity here and in Italy are causing further setbacks. Fiat is considering exporting Palio from India Fiat now hopes to bounce back with price cuts, upgrades, new models and exports. Support from beleaguered parent Fiat Auto SpA remains uncertain, but a Fiat India-General Motors India Ltd. joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.