Fiat SpA will lay off 6,300 workers from May 20-June 2 to cut production by 11,000 vehicles at its Mirafiori and Rivalta plants in Turin, Italy, and its Termini Imerese plant in Sicily. Vehicles affected include the Fiat Marea, Multipla and Punto, as well as the Lancia Lybra. Fiat saw its Western European sales fall 23% in March, the worst sales decline for any auto maker selling in the region.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.