TURIN — Imagine the cost-savings of building your entire range of cars on just two modular platforms? Fiat SpA can. Fiat says its plan to base all future models on two platforms, using a form of the space-frame technology pioneered by the Multipla, will save 30% on the investment required to build the same cars by traditional monocoque construction. The strategy became public when Fiat managers explained the rationale behind its quirky-looking, intelligently conceived, Ecobasic concept ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.