Fiat SpA is proposing a refinancing plan designed to help its ailing Fiat Auto SpA unit stay afloat. Fiat Auto has been under intense pressure to return to profitability after reporting a loss of €549 million ($495.4 million) last year. The refinancing plan comes as a result of Italian corporate law, which requires any company reporting a net loss that totals more than one-third of its capital to recapitalize. Analysts expect Fiat Auto to report continued losses of €300 million ($270 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.