Fiat Auto SpA indicates it is focused on electronically controlled, infinitely variable valve timing (VVT) and common rail fuel-injection systems for its future light-duty turbodiesel engines. Other elements Fiat may couple with high-efficiency diesels are combination flywheel-alternator-starters, electrically assisted turbochargers and "intelligent" coolant and oil systems. Fiat says it prefers common rail fuel injection over pump/injector systems (largely used by Volkswagen AG) because ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.