Fiat SpA has no plans to sell its Fiat Auto unit to General Motors Corp., Fiat Chairman Paolo Fresco says. While Fiat recently announced a restructuring of its automotive operations, Fresco says he expects his company to return to profitability by the end of 2002. Fiat Auto sold a 20% equity stake to GM in March 2000 and has an option to sell the remaining 80% to GM by 2004. Fresco says Fiat Auto plans to remain independent. “Since in business you can never say never, let’s say the sale ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.