TURIN — After several years in limbo, the mythical Abarth brand name is making a come back in Italy and the rest of Europe. Abarth, named for designer Carlo Abarth, was once a full-scale automotive company and, most recently, the badge worn by Fiat Auto SpA performance cars. Fiat recently launched an Abarth version of its Punto HGT. The new model comes with the specifications and performance of Fiat's 1.8L HGT 130-hp engine. Its bodywork has been upgraded with a new set of light alloy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.