Fiat SpA announces plans to lay off up to 8,100 employees at various Fiat Auto SpA, Comau and Magneti Marelli automotive facilities. The company is asking for a "crisis status," which would require the Italian government to provide unemployment benefits under a special layoff benefits fund. The cuts are in addition to 3,000 temporary layoffs the company announced earlier this year. The additional cuts were announced as auto sales continue to weaken throughout Europe and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.