Fiat Auto SpA will lay off 21,700 workers on a temporary basis from Aug. 19 to Sept. 22 to cut production 40,000 units, press reports say. The amount of employees is almost Fiat’s entire assembly line workforce. Fiat also is idling 6,400 workers next week and has scheduled temporary layoffs for 11,000 the following week. All Fiat plants will be down for three weeks beginning July 29 for a regularly scheduled holiday break.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.