TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Ford Motor Co. “needs to do things quicker” as it attempts to return to profitability in North America by 2008, Mark Fields, president-The Americas, says. In a wide-ranging interview with a group of automotive writers at the recent annual Management Briefing Seminars here, Fields outlines the company’s efforts to follow through on its Way Forward restructuring strategy, which includes eliminating up to 30,000 jobs and shuttering 14 facilities by 2012. In an industry ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.