TOKYO – Having sold only 8,000 vehicles in Japan in 2002, Ford Motor Co. sees plenty of growth potential in Asia/Pacific’s most-sophisticated market. Ford Japan Ltd.’s best-selling car, by far, is the Focus, followed by the Escape, Explorer, Mustang, Mondeo and Ka, says Richard Parry-Jones, Ford’s group vice president-global product development and chief technical officer. Ford’s strongest market within the Asia/Pacific region is Australia, where the No.2 auto maker sold about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.