An assembly plant operated by Toyota Auto Body Co. Ltd., owned 56% by Toyota Motor Corp. and one of two Japanese plants building the popular Prius hybrid-electric vehicle, is expected to resume output Monday, Nov. 28, following a fire that shut down operations late yesterday. It took firefighters about four hours to extinguish the blaze that began around 6 p.m. Monday and caused damage to the Fujimatsu, Japan, plant's paint shop but resulted in no injuries. Along with the Prius, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.