A fire at a just-in-time supplier of molded-plastic interior parts for the Chevrolet Cruze/Lacetti Premiere has caused vehicles assembly to shut down, a GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. spokesman tells Ward’s. “There was a fire at (a subsidiary of) Saehan Corp., which is located in Iksan, quite close to our Gunsan plant,” the spokesman says. GMDAT’s Gunsan, South Korea, facility produces the all-new car for the domestic and export markets, except for China, which has its own assembly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.