Bridgestone/Firestone Inc.'s competitors are poised to pick up the slack in the wake of the tiremaker's very public breakup with Ford Motor Co. Shares of rivals Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., Michelin SA, Continental AG and Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. rose last week as Firestone severed its 95-year relationship with Ford and the automaker, in turn, launched a campaign to recall 13 million Firestone Wilderness AT tires. Tiremakers Goodyear and Michelin, both of which already supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.