The day after the recent Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. tire recall was announced, WEVTU contacts several car and tire dealers for information and views. Rick Sherman, service director at Celozzi Ford in Waukegan, IL, says he is authorized to replace the suspect Firestone 235-75R-15 tires marked VDHL (plant where manufactured) with tires made by Bridgestone, General, Michelin, Goodyear or Uniroyal at no cost to the vehicle owner. He also says that owners who buy new non-Bridgestone/Firestone ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.