Ford Motor Co., Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. and a Ford dealership reach a confidential settlement with a family who lost two members in an August 2000 accident involving a Ford Explorer with Firestone tires. The settlement was reached just 10 minutes before a trial was to begin. Garry Meek, 56, of Visalia, CA, and his 13-year-old granddaughter Amy Meek were killed when the Explorer they were riding in rolled over following a tire tread separation. Another passenger in the vehicle was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.