Several auto makers have followed Ford Motor Co.’s lead in slowing January-March output in order to keep dealer inventories in check, although Chrysler Group is a notable exception with its 5.2% increase vs. year-ago. The revised industry slate sets first-quarter production at 3,980,000 units, 7.2% less than the 4,287,200 built in like-2006 and 30,300 units less than the first-quarter plan in place a month ago. Related document: Ward's North America Production Schedule The decline vs. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.