FLAT ROCK, MI – Job 1 of the Mazda6 sedan rolls off the line Oct. 17 at AutoAlliance International Inc. – a plant in desperate need of a big success. Mazda6 The Ford Motor Co.-Mazda Motor Corp. joint venture here plans to finish this year having built about 70,000 units, less than a quarter of its capacity, says AAI President and CEO Phil Spender. Plagued by products that haven’t come close to long-term market expectations, the plant never has hit its 300,000-unit planned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.