SAO PAULO — Sources say Ford Motor Co. is expected to produce Focus and Escort passenger cars alongside the Courier van at its new Amazon factory inaugurated recently in Camacari Bahia. The Ranger pickup, meanwhile, reportedly will be manufactured at the Sao Bernardo do Campos unit. These vehicles currently are imported from Argentina. The Argentine unit will produce only for local sale. Sources also say the Sao Bernardo do Campo plant, which currently produces cars, light trucks and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.