Ford Australia says reversing its decision to build the Focus small car locally was the right one, but it is facing short-term supply constraints as a result. The latest Focus hatchbacks and sedans on sale in Australia are sourced from Germany, until production for the Australian market moves to Thailand in mid-2012. Company president Bob Graziano tells The Age newspaper the decision to not build locally will cost Ford Australia sales for about a year, as the supply of Focuses from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.