Ford Motor Co.’s accelerated Way Forward restructuring plan for North America announced today calls for additional plant closings, the shuttering or selling off of former Visteon Corp. plants, a 30% reduction in its salaried workforce and buyout offers to all of its United Auto Workers union workers. These and other measures will result in reduced operating costs of about $5 billion by the end of 2008, the auto maker says. Additionally, the company says 70% of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.