Ford Motor Co. ups the safety ante in the cutthroat minivan segment, adding seat weight air bag sensors on the front passenger seat, sliding door warning strobes, stability control and a low tire pressure warning system to its '01 Windstar. Ford has had sales success with the Windstar because of its quadruple 5-star crash rating and believes these new safety features will further establish the minivan as a safety leader in the segment. The seat weight sensor, supplied by Delphi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.