MELBOURNE — Ford Motor Co. in Australia confirms it is designing a four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon, but says there are no production plans at this stage. A published report here says the car has been named the Raptor and would be the first Australian-made 4wd family passenger car. Raptor production has not yet won approval by Ford management in Detroit, but a decision is expected before the end of the year. If it gets the green light, the car could reach showrooms by 2003. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.