The success of a revised range of long-wheelbase sedans is being billed as critical to Ford Motor Co.’s drive to gain prestige Down Under. The auto maker launched an updated Fairlane MkII range in March and Ford Motor Co. Australia Ltd. President Tom Gorman says the car must top Holden Ltd.’s Statesman and Caprice models in order to meet its full potential.(See related story: Ford Australia Launches Fairlane MkII Range) “For the car to be outsold by the competition is really unacceptable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.