PARIS – Aluminum panels have a role to play in Ford Motor Co.'s future but only as a premium material. There is "no way" aluminum can displace steel as the basic material for body-in-white with the current business model, says Ford engineer Laurent Chappuis at the Aluform Congress held here. Ford F-150’s hood made of aluminum. While Ford makes more than a million aluminum parts annually, most notably as the hood material for the Ford F-150 pickup family, the economics don't ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.