In a consent judgment, Ford Motor Co. and Carroll Shelby will be able to retain rights to the famous Cobra name, trademark and/or derivates, but Shelby loses the shape of the car in a judgment for Factory Five Racing Inc., the largest maker of Cobra replicas worldwide. The case brought against Factory Five by Shelby and Ford stretched for a period of two years, with Shelby losing a bid last October to shut down Factory Five during a motion for a preliminary injunction. Shelby had wanted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.