Ford Motor Co. sales fell 2.7% in April compared with year-ago, for a 3.9% decrease year-to-date, according to Ward’s data. However, overall sales of 257,902 units were bolstered by strong demand for passenger cars, which rose 12.4% from year-ago and 4.5% year-to-date. George Pipas, Ford’s U.S. sales analysis manager, cites customer demand for better fuel economy as the primary reason for the growth in car sales. Sales of 105,655 passenger cars were driven by Ford’s new trio of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.