MELBOURNE — Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. reports a 1999 after-tax profit of A$82.3 million (US$50 million), up 41% on its 1998 performance. Revenue fell for a third straight year, down 6.4% to A$2.9 billion (US$1.7 billion) as vehicle sales fell for the fourth year in a row, down 1.5% to 126,900 units. Ford finished the year in third place for sales, its 16.1% market share trailing Holden Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corp. The result was disappointing in that it came in a year that saw Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.